Tuesday, January 27, 2009

About My Book

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ON SALE NOW!!
$15 (264 pages) signed paperback
+ $4 to ship in the U.S. (inquire for shipping elsewhere)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About My Book
I've had a book hiding inside of me my whole life. I've tucked away phrases and paragraphs for years. I write and write and write like there is no tomorrow...I have, literally, no joke, 4 journals going on right now. In the past couple of years, I've been hit with depression, doubt, fumbling, sadness, wandering and wondering. Then, I nursed myself right out of it.
I'd finally figured out WHO I WAS.
This book is the result of the love of words and, finally (miraculously), the love of myself.
It is a book full of story and idea, metaphor and symbolism, creativity and activity. If you read one chapter every single day, you'd finish this book in one month.
I am ACHING to share it with you & I hope that you all get yourself one just for the sake of encouraging yourself, loving yourself, regarding yourself as a woman of worth.
You are SO loved, and I just can't wait to share that with you!
As a treat, this is the first Chapter:

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.

~Henry David Thoreau~

Chapter One

Stuck in the Brambles


Hello Sweet Thing…Yes, you! Now is the time to begin. I want you to come out of this feeling hopeful and excited about your next steps on this journey. Imagine, if you will, that your life is laid out before you as a path through a forest. There are times when it is pleasantly winding, with sunlight streaming through the canopy. There are birds twittering and flitting from branch to branch above you. You smile and close your eyes and breathe deeply of the heavy loam that is crushed by your feet as you walk, ever in. That is where you want to be. That is the part of the path you long for. But you are in a particularly sticky part of the journey right now.

The brush has come closer, the rain isn’t just falling, it is absolutely pouring, and your hair is caught up with brambles. You are covered in scratches and just can’t seem to get anywhere. You look around yourself in a huff, and wonder, “Did I stray somewhere?” No, the path is clearly under your feet, and you can see it through the dense brambles as you peer into their darkness. You’ve hit a full stop as it seems too hard to just keep going. “I guess I’ll camp here,” you say, as you pull your coat tighter around your shoulders and bring your knees to your chest. This isn’t what you bargained for. This is terrible. Take heart!

There is one thing that you absolutely must remember, though the way may be hard and it becomes more and more dense, this is still the path of your life. Kahlil Gibran would say,

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain. And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy; And you would accept theseasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that passover your fields. (from The Prophet )
If your whole life were birdsong and sunshine through the leaves, you wouldn’t ever truly appreciate the good things that came to you along your journey. If you hadn’t had your heart broken, you wouldn’t be able to appreciate the faithfulness that your sweetie has for you. If you hadn’t lost your job, you wouldn’t have been able to spend more time with your little kids. If you hadn’t come to this point in your path, you wouldn’t be able to experience the full joy that life offers you on the other side of these brambles.
So, now…get up and start hacking away at the path in front of you!

3 comments:

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Love it, wanna buy it, right now. I've just send you an email to purchase your book. Hope to hear form you soon dear blog friend.
Dagmar

Anonymous said...

Insightful. Eager to read more about YOU and look at my own path to find ME.

A Kindred Spirit

Folkallure said...

I can hardly wait for the moment to come when I'm holding your book in my hands. Your words are inspirational and I can't help but feel connected. Thank you