Thursday, March 19, 2009

Acceptance


I had to remind you of this yellow...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Acceptance
When the spent sun throws up its rays on cloud
And goes down burning into the gulf below,
No voice in nature is heard to cry aloud
At what has happened. Birds, at least, must know
It is the change to darkness in the sky.
Murmuring something quiet in her breast,
One bird begins to close a faded eye;
Or overtaken too far from his nest,
Hurrying low above the grove, some waif
Swoops just in time to his remembered tree.
At most he thinks or twitters softly, "Safe!
Now let the night be dark for all of me.
Let the night be too dark for me to see
Into the future. Let what will be, be."
(Robert Frost)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been thinking on this, and how I've been reminded over and over again to be open to what comes next. To get it out of my head that I must KNOW what is going to happen so I'll be "ready." I was profoundly influenced by Anne Morrow Lindberg's book, "Gift from the Sea", and when she said that we should be like the beach...open and choiceless...I used that as a mantra...
open and choiceless
open and choiceless
open and choiceless
until I knew it never meant "be apathetic" or "just don't care what happens to yourself"
not "lazy and listless", not "blah and careless"
OPEN & CHOICELESS as the Beach...waiting for what treasures must come, as they do every moment from the waves. Accepting what comes as a GIFT, as something that is beautiful and though it is everchanging, it is GOOD.
While I've been "waiting" and trying to be "open and choiceless", I've been taking a good look at Nature, and studying her face. There is much to learn there. Nature is like the best "how-to" teacher; it has the best opportunities for metaphor, or anology. What I'm constantly amazed with is Nature's ability to just BE. When I walk in the woods, the juniper, the volcanic rock shelves, the sage, the birds, the bunnies, the deer, the hawks...they are just immersed in BE-ing. They give oxygen, or they take it. They live, or they die. They hunt, or are hunted. Not one of those things is negative, it just IS...they just are OPEN & CHOICELESS. Trusting, accepting that the day will bring, what the day will bring...a GIFT, a TREASURE.
The Gift I've been given lately, is that of Color. I don't ever use much color in anything. I use to fill up my home with pastels, then it was only browns and creams and turqouise, then I added dashes of red, and now, look at my creative corner...I've filled it with vibrant, brilliant, juicy colors...I'm loving it, and my soul is needing it, so I go with it and give myself that gift of color.
This painting I did will forever remind me of the terrible strength I have in my soul. I fly.
One of my wisest, dearest friends made that felted wool Chakra meditation hanging...I ADORE it.
I've hung a string of very brightly colored "Prosperity Hens" near my work area as well,
and my 7-day candle has a very bright Virgin Mary on it, reminding me that very generous, all-encompassing Divine Being loves me and wants to scoop me up like a Mother at every moment and say, "Just BE. Life is a gift, don't be sad. Don't cry. Life is beautiful. Open your eyes and see it."
And my yellow daffodils, which are like a vase full of smiles and mirth...I am LOVING them right now.

1 comment:

Kipik said...

That's the nature of enlightment!