Friday, April 24, 2009

Fragmentary Blue

Why make so much of fragmentary blue
In here and there a bird, or butterfly,
Or flower, or wearing-stone, or open eye,
When heaven presents in sheets the solid hue?
Since earth is earth, perhaps, not heaven (as yet) --
Though some savants make earth include the sky;
And blue so far above us comes so high,
It only gives our wish for blue a whet.
~Robert Frost~
**This is a bit of a fish painting my son did. I just loved the blue he used in it. I'm loving the textures and color choices...especially this "fragmentary blue."**

2 comments:

Sea Angels said...

Wow!! this is as beautiful as any picture I have seen anywhere, the colours are just perfect, I do love the vibrancy and the muted together like this, it is inspiring, keep him painting Katie he really has his Mummys talent shining there.
Hugs Lynn.
Oh I saw on Loribeths blog she had done a class of yours and made the most beautiful doll, you really are a fabulous teacher, now I want to do a class too!!

Christine said...

litle man is becoming a wonderful artist...those colors, especially the blue...oh my gosh.
I know how proud you must feel.
xo,gma