Thursday, April 23, 2009

Observing Beauty

"When you meet Beauty, you feel that the hands deep within your inner self are stretched forth to bring her into the domain of your heart. It is the magnificence combined of sorrow and joy; it is the Unseen which you see, and the Vague which you understand, and the Mute which you hear - it is the Holy of Holies that begins in yourself and ends vastly beyond your earthly imagination." - Kahlil Gibran
There are days when the things of everyday life are so Beautiful that I want to reach out the "hands deep within my inner self" and bring them into the "domain of my heart."
The beauty of the heart of a stranger
the flicker of a candle flame
a heart-shaped rock
a smile from my son
a chicken waiting for me to pick her up
John Denver songs
friends who wonder how I am today
looking forward to book club
news of baby showers
preschool
thank you letters from first graders
my son reading a book to himself...quietly...and enjoying it
sunshine
spiderwebs on tree branches
FINALLY wanting to create art today
my husband...just being exactly who God made him to be
emails that begin with "sweetie" and end with "love, ma"

2 comments:

Laura said...

Katie,

It's like you needed time to care for that sweet old soul of yours before it was ready to speak something into being . . your art. Can't wait to see what you do.

You are loved!

Christine said...

dear sweetie,

what glorious writing...it melts like warm sunshine through winter dusty windows and makes everything seem clear and bright in your heart...beautiful writing.

Emmie on her bike is just precious and so is that outfit...a girl after my own heart.

I did see your violet blooming when I was there last week...small and surdy, she surely came from home to bloom for you.

see you tomorrow,
love,ma