Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Strawberries are like Good Advice

Good advice is just like a perfect strawberry to me. When it is strawberry season, I eat them like there is no tomorrow, and I remember how wonderful they taste, and how good they are for me, and I can't believe that something soo good is helping my body to repair itself, too. When the strawberries are not around, it is hard for me to remember how good they taste, so then I feel sad that I don't have any food that I love like candy, that isn't...isn't...isn't candy. The next time I have an especially good strawberry, I am going to commit its taste to memory. I will take a full 3 minutes to eat it and remember what it looks like, what it smells like, how it feels in my hand, how perfect it is to bite into and then the taste...I want to recall the taste in the middle of winter.

Today, I thought I'd share some links to VERY helpful advice that I wish I didn't have to keep reminding myself of, but that I obviously haven't committed to a soul memory yet:




Each of these has made an impact on me in the past year or so, and it is always worth re-reminding myself of what I know to be true.



1 comment:

Kipik said...

aww! Yes! we should all eat something we trully love in that way! thanks for reminding us! I wish I could grow my own strawberries!