Monday, May 04, 2009

Inspire Me Monday - May 4th

To Play along with Graciel at Evenstar Art,
Click the icon above to get your "badge" and let her know you want to join in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am inspired on this Monday, by Change...

intermittancy...

transition...

I'm inspired by this once useful & beautiful paint now sluffing off this old garden gate, revealing the weathered, wizened wood beneath it;

and so I, too, am sluffing off what once was beautiful and useful.

I find myself looking through the layers of what has lain behind me, and I see the work ahead of me, but it is happy work - exciting and new.
I feel as though I were a bud, tightly wadded inside it's soft as silk casing, fastidiously working away at the life to be lived inside, until one day it was time to change that work, and bloom...not an ending, only a transition. It reminds me of this quote:

"And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

Now that I've typed it here,
that quote strikes at the chords of my deepest heart right now.


Today, I went to see my daughter's preschool and we met her teacher.
We were both enchanted by the imagination and the colorfulness, the organization and the excitement of fresh, new crayons on the horizon.
My daughter and I are making this transition together.
We are blossoming in tandem, and I am tickled by that insight.


I am thinking about the transition between the potential that something has when it is inside its casing (cocoon, home, cave, egg, womb), and the point at which it must break forth to join the world in a different way. This little fortune I've had on my refrigerator for probably more than 6 years. It was just a little strip of paper, sitting inside a cookie, waiting to be opened and read; It has become something so much more than a tiny throw-away sentiment.
I visualize this every single time I read it.
The transition I am making in the next year, will assure that my home IS that pleasant place again...I change so that my dreams can remain the same.
I've begun to have Faith in the Intermittancy of Life: that when it is time to end one thing, it does not mean that that thing was "bad" and that the new thing is "good", it simply means that the path I am on is now turning, and because follow it I must, change is on the horizon.
Beautiful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally got this book I've been dying to read (Confessions of a Pagan Nun by Kate Horsley), and I can already tell you that the theme is something about change and transformation, and I'll keep you updated on it. How intriguing!

1 comment:

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

Katie, my wise woman friend, I am so very glad you're going to play along with me on Mondays. You're added to the blog roll. Thank you for the inspiration to make Mondays a group effort!

p.s. MUST get that book!

xo, Graciel