Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Out of the Brambles

It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. ~K.T. Jong
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the past few days, I've been letting a book out of my soul. I've wanted to write a book since I was a little bitty girl, and in fact I made many that were stapled together and even illustrated by yours truly.
This book is a work of my deepest longing. The words I've written and saved, the phrases I've kept and cherished. I'm piecing them together as a reflection of my journey.
I can't quite tell you how it feels to be so excited about a project.
I've been that bird sitting in the center of a brambles for so long, and now a wind pushes her out to the edge, to the top and quite suddenly lifts her up and lets her soar like she hasn't for so long. The utter freedom of flight when it comes so unexpectedly is something I wish for all of you.
I send out beauty and warmth to each and every one of you reading here today.

5 comments:

Doreen said...

Thank you Katie. I wish the same for you!

Happy writing!!

All the best in everything!
Doreen

Katie said...

Thank you for reading and for all your sweet comments of late, Doreen! I appreciate them like you wouldn't believe!

Laura said...

Adventure in flight! Dear Katie, I'm excited for you.

Continue to soar!!!!!

Love,
Laura

From This Moment to That said...

This is such a lovely and comforting post, I love your blog! Comforting especially to me today as I've had to delete my blog because someone has the address and I don't like the way it is going.

I would like to keep visiting here I hope you don't mind?
Do take care.
Hugs
Jane

Katie said...

Oh no, Jane! I'm so sorry that someone made your blogging experience so bad. I hope you don't let them "win"! Email me anytime and let me know what happened. I'm a listening ear!
-Katie