Tuesday, August 04, 2009

August Skies in Central Oregon

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the winds long to play with your hair.
~Kahlil Gibran~
The sun is the epitome of benevolence -
it is lifegiving and warmthgiving and happinessgiving, and to it we owe our thanksgiving.
~Jessi Lane Adams~

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you,
and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
~John Muir~

3 comments:

Marion said...

Beautiful pictures of your skies. Thanks for posting the photos and the words too.

Christine Crocker of Deerfield Farm said...

there's our girl with the wind in her hair and barefeet in the grass...
what beautiful pictures Katie!

how blessed we are with such a beautiful place to live in,

love,ma

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Oh how I long for me to be the little girl running bearfooted in the grass let the wind play with my hair.... I'm gonna run like crazy when I'm on the meadows in Austria. Thanks for remembering me. These are gorgeous pics.