Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspire Me Mondays - Namaste in Mud

NAMASTE is a word from Sanskrit that literally means
Namas - to bow or give reverential salutation to, and
Te - to you
so essentially "to bow to you"
In short it is like saying, "That which is of the Divine in me greets that which is of the Divine in you" - it acknowledges that God resides in everyone's heart.
In length it means this:
"I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth,
of light and of peace.
When you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me,
WE ARE ONE."
Watching my kids playing in the mud, I kept thinking that their constant hands clapping together full of mud, and their bowing from the waist to fill up their dump trucks was resounding with
NAMASTE
to each other
to the earth
to their playthings
and when I sat next to them taking their pictures from this angle and that angle and they looked over at me...it felt like we said it to each other.
How important the whole concept is...Honoring the divine in each other...absolutely beautiful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

JFKlaver said...

What better way to honor the Divine than playing in mud—Mother Earth! When I was about the age of your kids, my friends and I made mud pies. I'd completely forgotten about that! Thank you for the memory.

Doreen said...

OH..what a wonderful time this looks to be..and I'm SO happy to see you are the kind of mom who lets her children play in the mud! Mine LOVED to get dirty..play in the mud..splash in puddles...all that good stuff.

:)Doreen