Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Freedom of the Moon

Tonight I'm saying, "What the...?" at this new poem I found from my buddy Robert...I had NO IDEA there was this poem, and I thought I'd read the anthology...how does something like this happen. I feel like I was just handed a jewel, and at exactly the right time...Here it is, with a photo of the September Moon by me.

The Freedom of the Moon
by Robert Frost

I've tried the new moon tilted in the air
Above a hazy tree-and-farmhouse cluster
As you might try a jewel in your hair.
I've tried it fine with little breadth of luster,
Alone, or in one ornament combining
With one first-water start almost shining.
I put it shining anywhere I please.
By walking slowly on some evening later,
I've pulled it from a crate of crooked trees,
And brought it over glossy water, greater,
And dropped it in, and seen the image wallow,
The color run, all sorts of wonder follow.

5 comments:

sarah haliwell said...

I love this poem. I love his delight in his mastery. I've taught this poem a couple of times now and can't stop myself enthusing madly about it to my poor students!

Laura said...

Katie, I just love when you share your wonderful friend Mr. Frost! My but he must have had a heart of great wonder and delight in the things he saw!

Tammie Lee said...

Your photo is lovely. You have captured the light in the clouds beautifully. The poem shines with loveliness.

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Wauw both the poem and the photo are stunning. I feel like you suck me into this jewel....Thanks for sharing. Hugs Dagmar

Oh ps. I'm still in the middle of you book. Had to put it away though because of the bad situation I'm in right now. But it takes my breath away as in some lines it's like I've could have written them. Love It! Talk soon about it more.

JFKlaver said...

Beautiful poem. That photo could be a painting. I love it.