Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cold Springs in the Fall


there were bowers of glittering jewel-tones
and pale papery roughness of birch bark
it filled up my senses, made me close my eyes and breathe deeply of the crisp air

it caused me to lay on logs and look closely at textures

looking for bright bits of shocking purples here and there,
the last of this sort of color for the season

it made me look low and find this perfect acorn-shaped wasp's nest
in a very strange little place among the reeds only one step from the water's edge...
The little details from my favorite place at my favorite time of year wraps me in it's healing energy for days afterward.











4 comments:

sarah haliwell said...

beautiful photos :-)

Marion said...

Thanks for sharing this tour of your special place.

JFKlaver said...

I love this journey. Thank you for posting these energizing texture photos.

Anonymous said...

I can see how your special place holds your heart so close.
it's beautiful.
galaxies,ma