Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sick Days

My sweet little son is not feeling good with the "walking pneumonia" yesterday and today and on top of it he had a mild allergic reaction to the medicine for the pneumonia. I enjoy having him to myself, though I wish he wasn't so sick...you can only watch so much Sponge-Bob and can only read so much of your Stink books before you get just tired of trying to keep yourself busy. His eyes hurt and he is just too tired to do any homework...and I am so glad to be with him yesterday and today...

I'm thinking about the day I wanted to sub, but couldn't because I was sick and I was so sad and upset about not being able to teach that day. I'm thinking about yesterday and today and that there were two job offers yesterday and four job offers today and I calmly, purposely, said, "No thanks...I'm taking care of my son." I would like to have that kind of attitude toward myself when I am sick...just happy to be with myself...just happy to take care of myself. I can learn from this.


I mean, look at this cat. He says, "no thanks" every single day, and he doesn't make one excuse. He just yawns and stretches and tucks his head in, and that is that. Here is the cat this day...happy to be in a room heated by the woodstove...cozy and warm and quiet. I can learn from him, too.

3 comments:

sarah haliwell said...

I hope your son recovers well.

JFKlaver said...

Despite your son being ill, everything looks so cozy in your photos. I needed the lesson, too. Thanks!

Tammie Lee said...

I am sorry that your son is not feeling well. I send healing vibes! I remember when my son was little and not well, it would break my heart.