Saturday, October 10, 2009

Strands and Pockets


This Saturday afternoon, I sat down to create the mandala that represented my life these days, and I am STRUCK with how different it is than the other two...This one wanted to fill the page, it wanted to be made as strands of meaning, pulling itself out beyond its limits. It wanted to create pockets of meaning as well...little spots that hold me down and keep a hold of me.
I am an individual, separate and yet a part of what is going on around me. My energy exchanged with others' energies, making me stronger. My dreams are resting in my hands, as they always have been. They come true when I am willing to share them.
Here is the blessing of my life:
"We are not the same persons this year as last. Nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person."
W. Somerset Maugham

1 comment:

Marion said...

I love your mandala. It's fullness, shadows, reflections.