Thursday, November 26, 2009

a small post of thanks

very simply...
i am thankful for love that shows itself in the inbetween times...the little touch of fingertips in passing, the small smiles, the quick squeeze...i am thankful for those who would walk by me as I lay sleeping on the couch and cover my feet, or tread lighter...i am thankful for those who sit down with me to talk, who look in my eyes and try to SEE what i am saying...
i am thankful for quiet voices and twinkles in eyes
i am thankful for laughing until i want to pee my pants
i am thankful for the hard hug as my brother gathers his family up to leave
i am thankful for tiny hands and a capable mommy
very simple thanks

3 comments:

Barefoot from Heaven said...

I'm thankful for being able to be a little in your life and read those sweet wonderful words.

JFKlaver said...

And I am thankful for you and your posts. You are an inspiration! I love your honesty1

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

I find the simple to be the most profound.

Thankful for your blog, Dear Katie.

xo, Graciel