Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Solstice-ing

After my post this morning, I thought and I thought about missing the Solstice and I thought to myself, "Ahh, who gives a care if I do it on the RIGHT day??!" So, I'm celebrating it in my own way today...Spirit doesn't mind what day we celebrate...every day is a celebration.
So, I started off by eating some of the wonderful fudge my husband makes and said to myself, "Nothing better to kick it off."
Here is a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson that I love for this day as well - poetry read aloud, just as it should be read!!!








And it reminds me to WATCH and LISTEN and NOTICE...and it also reminds me of how I'd love one BIG snow storm before the days begin to lengthen again. I love this whole idea (in whichever way you want to see it) of the meaning of Christmas/Solstice: physically the days are now beginning to lengthen...the days will Lengthen...the tiny Sun promises to illuminate the Earth and begin to warm it up...Spiritually, a Light is born unto the world that promises to illuminate our Hearts. It is that little glow in a dark world that promises to grow and enlighten our spirits. The Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus represent the tiny Light and the Pure and Majestic Mother who brought this Light into the world for us.

I am so thankful for light and warmth and truth and purity and majesty. I'm so thankful for the ultimate gift of a Son/Sun and the simple gift of the sparkle of a candle in my window. Whatever face you put on this time of year, allow our hearts to be Unified in simplicity of LIGHT and PROMISE and GIVING. I pray for peace and that joy that fills your heart up until you cry for happiness this Season.

Happy Solstice Dear Readers - love, Katie

2 comments:

Laura said...

my dear friend,

Thanks so much for the poetry reading and leading me to that site. I'm sure I'll be visiting it again. Oh for that snowstorm . . . that one big one . . we have snow on the ground, but we're to get rain mixed with sleet tomorrow. Santa may have to wear a slicker!

Oh the joy that fills up a heart until it cries for happiness (so beautiful, Katie) and what a gift it is. The joy found in the gift received from one little baby in a manger.

Christmas joy and blessings to you and your family, Katie.

Love & tight hugs,
Laura

Sea Angels said...

Perfect Katie.... absolutely beautifully perfect.....
Happy Solstice
Love Lynn xxx