Monday, January 11, 2010

Being Well: inside and inside


First...a wonderful little box I found at the local Habitat for Humanity thrift store: 52 sturdy, beautiful cards that have one gatha (short verse to memorize for contemplation during the day) for each moment in your day (even tooth brushing and taking out the recycling). I read number one and had to put it up right away. It is a sweet little amazing thought that I already ascribe to, but needed to be reminded of. I have the idea to put up where I can read it when I am seated across from belligerent, willful, difficult children during the day...yes, that would be a good thing...

Also...
I have a wonderful secret...a little tidbit of some of the most wonderful information you could have when you are blessed with a little boy who can count on one hand the food he willingly and eagerly devours...this is revolutionary...life changing stuff...
GREEN SMOOTHIES
About a year ago, this wonderful boy's mama got herself very sick and read a book called Green For Life since then (and very quickly) my two littles have found that they not only LOVE Green Smoothies, but they ask for them ... literally hopping on one foot and then the other waiting for their to be blended.
Amazing stuff, that.
How do I do it?
Positive thinking, excitement from mommy, finding yummy flavors, it takes away their tummy aches, it makes them feel good...
all of the above I suppose.
What to do? Well, we own a Magic Bullet, which makes one mug at a time...perfect. This one I filled halfway with frozen mango and 2/3 full with Odwalla Super Food. After that is blended, I added a HUGE handful of spinach...as much as I could stuff down into the cup. That blended...

as you plainly see...

My picky son eagerly drinks.
I make it with any fruit imaginable, any 100% fruit juice with no sugar added (not diet...fake sugar isn't good for you), and loads of spinach...which are loaded with more nutrients than any other food...wowee...can it be THAT good for you??!!


3 comments:

Doreen said...

Wow...I'll have to try a green smoothie...I love smoothies :)

Wishing you a wonderful day,
Doreen

Kristen's Raw said...

That's a great book - Yay for green smoothies! I'm making later today: kale, orange, frozen banana, hemp seeds, hemp protein powder, etc. Yum!!!

Cheers,
Kristen

Jeanne Klaver said...

OH! I love Odwalla Superfood! Now you've given me a new idea. Thanks!