Monday, January 18, 2010

just under the surface

In one of the classes I help out in, the children are learning about the Renaissance.
What strikes me most is the explosion of learning and creating...
I think I am longing for a long stretch of time in which I am neither tired nor occupied so that I may have a Renaissance of my own.

I have some artwork and poems bubbling up...lying just under the surface like the skin on warm milk...

for now, I settle for these late night binges of watching The Tudors...
I'll let you know how it goes with letting the bubbles out soon...
I also settle for letting you in on THIS PAGE.

3 comments:

sarah said...

tell us what you think of the Tudors.

Interesting how the children respond so much to the Renaissance.

katiebird said...

Sarah, the Tudors is definitely for adults...there are lot of "adult situations" and language...it is historically accurate so far, though...and extremely enjoyable to watch...I love it!

Barefoot from Heaven said...

brrrr. the renaissance give me the shivers. Can't tell you why just does.

Question how did you knit all the pics together (I know mosaic from flickr) and make it so stunningly beautiful on your blog, that big?
Hugs Dagmar