Saturday, January 16, 2010

ReadWritePoem - Wordle


You may remember how much I love these writing prompts, and you may have noticed I've not done one in MONTHS...that part of my brain that "poetizes" is feeling neglected/neglectful/neglectisized...so here goes...
This is the prompt - use all/most/some/at least ONE of these words in a poem of my own creation:


what drew you in?
stones thrown into the froth
just a question
what makes you such an enthusiast?
she shouldered the simple question
by
drawing squiggles in the sand with her toes
just a question
thunking her thighs with handfuls of broken shells
If Hercules himself couldn't bear the brunt, how...
she felt sundered and undone
the question now floating like salt ribbons out onto the horizon
she couldn't hope to understand herself
then a glinting glimmer of a sparkle of shine blinded her left eye from a drop of incoming sea-coils
and she straightened and remembered
the answer


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read beautiful poems and join the writing at
www.readwritepoem.org

3 comments:

Jeanne Klaver said...

You did a superb job with this list of words. I stand in awe...

sarah said...

I love this. I love that it has a story to it. I love the ending! Beautiful. I hope you write more poetry here.

katiebird said...

Thank you! That means a lot coming from the two of you...thanks so much!