Saturday, January 23, 2010

That's My Girl!

My daughter, all dressed up to go to town, went outside to put the chickens away...

"Come here, Momma!"
"Oh, you're fast!!"
"I'm putting the chickens away, mommy. Is that okay?"
"Yup, sure thing...thanks honey."
"Ooooppsy...where are you going?"
I ain't goin....you're gonna hafta come get me.
"Now she knows what we're tryin' to do, ma! I'm just gonna put you in your house, okay...you'll be...oooooof (flap flap flap)...alright"
"Good chickens...see...it's okay."
"There...all in, mommy. I picked her up. I like picking her up."
"Yes, good job! I'm so proud of you! Not afraid of any old chickens, huh. Good job."

5 comments:

Jeanne Klaver said...

What a brave, brave child you have there! I sure smiled at this one. Thanks.

Tammie Lee said...

ahhhhhhhh ~

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful girl Emma is and I'm so proud of her for helping momma.
I'm especially proud too that she isn't the least bit concerned at trying to catch and carry an amazon of a hen...
I know she loves the warm soft black silk feathers and soft brrrrr sounds that these beautiful girls make.
xo

Heather said...

Aw, that is too fun! that looks like something my daughter would love to do ;)

Laura said...

Little Laura Ingalls, step aside!

Too fun . . . and my your Miss Emma is getting big. No chicken is gonna push her around.

Way to go, Emma!

Laura
:)