Friday, February 19, 2010

Once a road is chosen...

~Dearest Kahlil, Thank you for the clarity. Lovingly yours, Katie~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea;
And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.
But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure;
And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line.
For self is a sea boundless and measureless.
-Kahlil Gibran The Prophet, On Self Knowledge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every day of my life is spent in decision.
Gray and smudge-edged, hard and razor-sharp, not my own, my own.
I turn my eyes to my palms to find answers,
or I turn to those beside me.
I look to past choices,
and I think of future decisions.
My future has only ONE clearly defined shape: love.

(from the DRUIDCRAFT TAROT)

I'm beginning to understand that where I am is where I should be.
I'm beginning to believe that when the time comes to decide to move on, it will be as easy as slipping into a lake on a hot day.
I'm beginning to believe that LOVE isn't as hard to follow as I make it out to be.

I am always just beginning to understand that love is a choice.

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

my heart breathed in what you are beginning to perceive. They are truths that were perfect for me to hear. thank you for sharing.

sarah said...

Another beautiful post from you. And I love the new header. The earth-stained statue is ... I can't think of a word big enough. How could we ever fit Her into just one word?

Jeanne Klaver said...

I'm right there with you. Your gift of words is so inspiring.