Tuesday, March 02, 2010

My Bliss

who follows a blog, http://rad-i-cal.blogspot.com/,
who wrote down this quote about following your bliss:


"Follow your bliss.
If you do follow your bliss,
you put yourself on a kind of track that has
been there all the while waiting for you,
and the life you ought to be
living is the one you are living.
When you can see that,
you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss,
and they open the doors to you.
I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid,
and doors will open where you
didn't know they were going to be.
If you follow your bliss,
doors will open for you
that wouldn't have opened for anyone else."
~ Joseph Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I KNOW I've believed this, and I go in and out of really seeing it.
Sometimes I still go back and forth, in my heart, about homeschooling my kids or being a public school teacher...but if I indeed look at where doors opened and where I've met people who've helped me, it was in being a public school teacher. I know this.
When I follow my bliss, my life is on track.

I will keep believing it and following it and see where it leads me!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Isn't it absolutely glorious how something you read at a radical unschooling weblog can reaffirm your love of, and commitment to, public schooling?! I love that! It's beautiful and it shows what can happen when we express our bliss - we help other people find theirs too, even if it is so different from our own.

I so much agree with you about life being on track when you follow your bliss.

I wish you much joy.

Jeanne Klaver said...

Joseph Campbell was such a wise man. Always remember—your bliss is yours and yours alone. Just be you.