Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thought of the Day

"Take a Chance" by Katie Estvold created on Polyvore.com

from Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson

It was not easy for Abraham Lincoln to be the Abraham Lincoln we know today; it was not easy to be Susan B. Anthony, or Mahatma Gandhi, or Martin Luther King, Jr. They were born, as all of us are, with potential greatness...On some mysterious level, despite whatever resistance they felt, the great are those who simply said yes at times when others would have said no. ... Something called to them from a higher place, and they responded to what they heard.
Are we not being called by history to become the greatness that lies in us? What happens to this Earth now is up to us. We can remain who we are and sink further into the troubled world we have already made, or we can allow our hearts to crack open like cosmic eggs, out of which will emerge transformed creatures--our own true selves.

2 comments:

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

Dearest Katie,

I just received the most precious gift in the mail! Do you know I have been thinking of you and reminding myself to get back in touch with you about a certain book! How amazing and just what I would expect from you. Now, I need your address....the house # was wiped off the envelope during travels. I am going to send you a check instead of trying the paypal route. You know my email.

And thank you, Dear Kindred for sending this along. I am already reading the first chapter. I am going to love all of it, I can feel it.

But, my computer has been very unreliable....it shuts down unexpectedly and gives me precious little time to explore and write. Forgive my lack of comments!

Much love and a bow to you,
Graciel xxoo

Jeanne Klaver said...

So well said. I simply love your art.