Monday, April 05, 2010

My Daughter


She holds my head in her little hands and says, "I love you so so much mommy."
She has tea parties with us all. She runs to help out anyone. She smiles and the room lights up. She cuddles like a baby kitty. Her imaginings are like fairy lights, floating above her head.
She radiates emotion, feeling everything deeply.


In Latin, the word spirare means "to breathe."
The words aspire, inspire, and spirit all derive from it.
My daughter derives from it as well.

I hope to be like her someday.

5 comments:

sarah said...

she is adorable :-)

and your last line - I've always said the same thing about my girl!

Jeanne Klaver said...

Me too. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post.

Laura said...

Oh, I think the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree . . . she's a beautiful little ladye, Katie. . . inside and out.

Love,
Laura

Tammie Lee said...

your appreciation for your daughter touches my heart and I can feel her spirit through your words. How lovely that you have one another.

Finegan Antiques said...

When we are young, we are pure and have boundless love. We see through eyes that have not been tainted and we see life the way it should be seen. And then sadly we "grow up" and that world of our youth disappears. People say it holds no value. I say if we could recapture our youth's vision we would truly be rich.

Donna