Thursday, May 13, 2010

scratching and clawing

I feel like a hungry baby kitty who is always yowling for more
and scratches and claws its way to get what it wants...
I don't think I've ever had to work so hard for my dreams before.
I've worked hard, yes, but this time something is different.
It seems like there is some kind of cosmic test, sometimes...or that I keep hearing the punchline to a stupid joke and the punchline isn't funny: "How much do you want it, then?"

Geeez Louise, I want it bad already...can't you tell?!
I've let it get the better of me recently, and all I can do is to pick myself back up and say, "Okay...okay. Keep going. Keep going."

I'm taking a deep breath, and as my daddy would say, "Katie...relax."

3 comments:

sarah said...

I know the feeling. I hope you come out the other side of it soon.

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

i am here, soaking in all your goodness, katie, on a day i too need to 'relax'.

reading your posts, i am reminded of how much i resonate with your kindred soul.

love and prayers, graciel

Jeanne Klaver said...

Relax and keep the faith!