Friday, June 11, 2010

Self-Portrait Friday


One of my blog friends always does a Self-Portrait Friday, and I have been taken by her candid reflections on herself. She is a beautiful woman, but she just takes her pictures as-is at times. Not feeling well, sad, no make-up included. I thought it might do me some good to put pictures of myself up so I can learn to see ME the way others might. Finding that glint in my eye, or that mischievous grin. Here I am today, soaking up some much-needed sun, arms thrown back, eyes closed.
Tired, but grateful.

Every day is a god, each day is a god,
and holiness holds forth in time.
I worship each god,
I praise each day splintered down,
and wrapped in time like a husk,
a husk of many colors spreading,
at dawn fast over the mountains split.

Annie Dillard

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

each day is indeed a treasure. I also find self portraits to be revealing and a place of discovery. Lovely portrait, so glad you gave yourself the lay in the sun that was calling to you.

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Hi there what a good way to shoot a self portrait. Never ever could I do this.
D.

Jeanne Klaver said...

What a unique perspective! I love this.