Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Feeling New...

There are times when I'm teaching that I do the wrong things...
but what I've come to find out is that the WRONG things are just little mistakes...
I remember beating myself up about doing stupid things like setting out all the supplies for a project and expecting the kids to listen to the directions before they got started and then beating myself up for that later...not now...now I'm sooo much more gentle with myself and have no problem backing anything up to the point where I went wrong. I love the idea that I can say to my little Kindergarteners, "Uh oh. I did that all wrong. Can we back up and try again? So sorry."
I like the newness. I like that I don't have many expectations for myself, except to do my best, have fun and listen to those little kids. I listen to what they are interested in, and I am able to go with that. The best thing is, is that they are interested in everything, and if I say something is exciting, then they want to do it for SURE!
If I say stringing cheerios on a string is FUN, they all want to do it!
So, luckily, my brain is a wide-open sky... naiveté is pure sweetness right now. I don't even know if I used that form of "naive" correctly, and I'm fine with that. See how blissed out I am?!

1 comment:

Graciel @ Evenstar Art said...

your bliss is so very beautiful, dear katie!!!

love to you,
graciel