Sunday, November 07, 2010

love


Isn't love that beat in my heart that clenches and hurts and squeezes
when my son doesn't like the way he looks
and I know it is because I've said as much to myself
when he
was
listening

isn't love that calming liquid that comes from my head
down into my chest and makes my hands
hug and hold
rather than clench
even when I haven't seen the spider
that scares
my daughter
at night

isn't love the simple act of listening first
to frantic appeals from a high-strung
son who only
wants to be heard
no matter
how
moot

isn't love the conscious turning from despair
and buying brand new expensive clothes
that fit me
just one day after
I was
weighed
at the
doctor's

isn't love every small thing
because Life is
every
small thing
strung
together

1 comment:

sandra said...

That is such beautiful writing...have a wonderful Monday!