Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Solstice Scene

I love the little Nativity scenes...the ones with the cattle so lowly, the sheep and the oxen...the little manger scene with a tiny bed of hay and a beautiful golden child being adored...
I have a very strong desire to create a little scene for my family to reflect our feelings at Christmas, so I've been making a very unique little Winter Solstice scene.
I've made a little fawn, a happy squirrel and a smart little racoon.
I've made a mother owl and her little fluffy baby...all out of little bits of this and that from my sewing box.
Can I just show you my little brown linen fawn again?
I made the structure out of twigs, wrapped together with fabric. I tied on some evergreen boughs. It isn't finished yet...I'd like to make a bear, a rabbit, a little chickadee and some trees. I'd also like to paint a watercolor background of mountains and a few pine trees. I'll need something to represent snow, too. But most importantly, there is the Lady, who'll be adoring and welcoming the Light of the World (in the form of a candle): hope, peace, love, joy...everything good.
From the looks of my photo, I'd say my endeavor has approval :)

6 comments:

Jesska said...

This is really neat Katie! I love all the little creatures, your amazingly creative!!! Can't wait till you post more pictures of the finished project! :) By the way you last picture and comment YES YES YES!! Approval all the way! :) LOVE YOU

Naquillity said...

oh Katiebird~ this is great. it's something that can be cherished every year from this one forward. it's beautiful. i love all those animals made from bits of this n that. can't wait to see the finished scene. hope all is well. have a great night.

Sea Angels said...

This is just you.... and it is gorgeous xxx
Yule hugs
Lynn xxx

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Hi there Katie, love them...do make lots and have a new venture.
They are tooo cute.
And the light in the last photo...stunning.
Hugs D.

Cobalt Violet said...

Wow, you are so creative! Lovely little creatures and beautiful structure around them creatiing the manger.

Anonymous said...

hello