Saturday, December 18, 2010

this man


He's the steady smile and the strong shoulder bumping next to mine as we walk together.
He's the inside-joke that brings me to tears it's so funny.
He's the chef, the laundry king, the wood cutter, the snow shoveler, the practical mind.
He's my absolute best friend in the whole entire world and I love him beyond any measure...
It wasn't luck that brought us together. I saw him and fell in love. I knew that HERE was what I'd been dreaming of. HERE was the man I was going to marry and have babies with and talk about wrinkles and gray hair with.
I love him, I love him, I love him.
This month we've been married for 13 years...but he's been my soul-mate, my other half, for almost 17 years...that is a lot of growing up together :)
May we never grow up as we grow old together my sweetheart.

5 comments:

paper roads said...

how beautiful. congratulations and many blessings on your anniversary.

Naquillity said...

Happy Anniversary~ may you have many more happy years ahead.

Jesska said...

Awww, so very very true... Happy Anniversary to both of you and here's to many more years till the wrinkles and gray hairs are abundant!! :)

Amas Veritas said...

From the owner of a struggling heart:

I am grateful for this post. It causes me to realize how, when I get down to the bottom of things, thankful I am for my own husband. I needed to read this today. Danke, darling.

BTW, I found you through The Hermitage, in case you've the curious sort.

Edgy Sisters said...

This is exactly how I feel about my hunny. :-) Thank you for such honest tenderness.