Thursday, February 10, 2011

sooooomething...

I wish I had something to give here lately. Everything is being spring-loaded right now, I fear. There is so much going on with the sale of our house, that I hardly know how to sleep at night or how to answer the question, "How are ya?" Do I be honest and say, "I don't know. I think I'm okay. I'm not sleeping right." or do I just let it go and say, "fine." I always hate that response because when I ask someone how are they, I truly expect a real answer. If everyone always says, "gooood." or "fine." I know they aren't being honest. No one is always good or fine.
So, to answer that question, I think I should just say, "The sun is shining. Things are happening." and let them figure out how I'm feeling. It is honest, but it doesn't let them into the strange mixed-up sleep-deprived stuff I'm feeling.

Honestly, I'm waiting for the MOMENT I hop out of my truck and step onto OUR new place. I'll probably cry out of sheer exhaustion and gratefulness. Then I'll go around with my camera capturing little places and moments and shifts of light and grasses to share with you.

Until then, I'm feeling "something" and I don't know what it is well enough to share it.

3 comments:

Jesska said...

Nothing wrong with that! This is a huge stepping stone…your entitled to your mixed up emotions...besides sleep deprivation makes us all cattawhomped! Love you soul sister.. I won't ask…just offer my plushy padded room and perhaps a hugme jacket...heehee :) (((HUGS)))

Kerri said...

Can't wait to see your new place! Hope you get some sleep soon x

Jacqueline said...

I know exactly how you feel Katiebird. Hard to go through but strangely harder not to be real when asked.
Pretending is very stressful and depleting. answer with your heart even if it's just a shrug and a smile.