Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Gratitude

- red velvet cupcakes with homemade icing - woooooaaaah nelly!
- oatmeal!
- the kids' lunchboxes, which are tin just like the kind I use to have - I love how durable they are!
- Bi-Mart
- my red barn that I'll own in less than three weeks
- giving my cool stuff to people who truly truly appreciate it
- talking out problems with people and finding that things weren't as bad as they seemed
-my kitty cats
-kitty cat cuddles
- kitty cat paws, kneading my arm/leg/face/hand/foot
-my chickens who found a piece of toast with peanut butter and were wiping their beaks for a good long while after that
- my dishwasher
-being complimented on my teaching style
-learning how to be a better teacher
- knowing that there is always something I can do
- my husband's manliness - yes, I said it, "manliness"
- my son's desire to make everybody happy (poor little boy - it's a blessing and a curse my son)
- my daughter's desire to make everyone SMILE
- feeling capable and dependable on my job
- having a comfy chair at my desk
- knowing that the pain I feel today from Zumba will only make me stronger tomorrow
- considering a night Yoga class once a month and knowing I'll love it
- deciding NOT to do laundry tonight
- putting notes in my kids' lunchboxes
- having really really great Science curriculum for my kindergartners
- the 55 degree weather we had today
- Saint Brigid
- my capable hands
- my strong arms
- my cute feet
- the shape of my eyes
- my thick hair that can be curly if I want it to be, or stick straight if I want it to be
- my good intentions
- my ability to empathize (sometimes too strong of a sensibility, but I'm thankful to have it nonetheless)
- my cousin Jessica who is the sister of my heart - how I love that red-headed, ruby-lipped lady
- my mama who is everything I could've asked for in a mother and more...every moment she is MORE...love love love to you mama
- the crow who shouted "COCK" when I was brooding my way into school this morning...it made me laugh and laugh and laugh...
- this poem by Robert Frost:
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued

1 comment:

Jesska said...

YaY!! I really enjoy reading each of your posts on all you find gratitude and thankfulness for, sometimes we forget about the best things of all as we go along on our journeys in life..sometimes we need that reminder...You have lots of wonderful people and things that surround you! and...I love you too my wonderful cousin, soul-sister, and friend. :) (((HUGS)))