Friday, June 03, 2011

telling the truth


Today my daughter had her Kindergarten Graduation. She looked beautiful and fresh and new. We found a Waldorf baby at the thrift store today - a mermaid...just perfect. My mama came and gave me a big hug and told me all the things we grown up mama's need to hear: "You are wonderful. You are excellent at what you do. You just figure out what you are going to do now and do it!" I was so so grateful to have my mama today.
We watched my baby sing her songs and do what she was told, and they handed her a little certificate and we took loads of pictures and then we went to lunch and talked about health and happiness and Melaluca, while we ate Marinated Artichoke Quiche (what lovely crust...) and special salads made with peas and cashews and big noodles and rice vinegar. We bought scented geraniums (apricot and orange and lemon-lime), and black hollyhocks (hard to find!) and I bought an old round tablecloth with beautiful lace that I'll be making a skirt out of, and I had REAL ice cream (refined sugar just does NOT serve my body) on a cone, and the Maple Nut flavor was just heaven.

The truth is, is that I have been many students' favorite teacher. I have intervened in a student's troubles, and REALLY helped them. I have inspired and uplifted. I have loved where there was lack. I am an absolutely wonderful teacher so, I guess I better just put on my big girl panties and figure this out. I've done it before, and there isn't any reason I can't do it again.