Thursday, July 14, 2011

along our street


we met so many beautiful four-legged neighbors this evening:
these gorgeous long-horned cattle




a very curious little white horse and a duck in flight




a whole pasture full of angus cattle chewing away


Can you believe this barn at the end of our road? You can't tell, but it is
a dark green. Isn't it magnificent? Lucky ducks...



and then I looked back and saw the side of our red barn, and our little chicken coop
and I sighed (*sigh*, just like that) - I can't hardly believe we live here sometimes.
I'm absolutely in love with our little place.
It feels like a new toy I keep getting out every day, and haven't been tired of playing with yet.
My heart was home when I married my husband and then when we had our two children,
but the rest of me came home when we moved in here.
Amen, amen, and amen.

5 comments:

Lil Brother said...

Wow, your new place is awsome, Lil B and I can't wait to be there, and only 2 hours away, instead of three!!

Lil Brother said...

Awsome place!!!, Lil B and I can't wait to get there, and now only 2 hours instead of three! See you there soon!!

katiebird said...

Little Brother!! Yeah!! See you soon!

adie said...

You live in such a beautiful neighbourhood - but my favourite photograph is the last one, and I am trying not to envy you :-)

mindy said...

just beautiful