Sunday, August 28, 2011

like ripples

 "Because all minds are joined, deep peace cultivated anywhere is a blessing on people everywhere. What we do on the level of consciousness affects what happens in the realm of bodies, far more than what we do in the realm of bodies affects the level of consciousness.
 "Einstein said we would not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them.
"...Forgiveness doesn't mean that we pretend to like whom we do not like, or turn a blind eye to the evils of the world. Commitment to God's love doesn't destroy our capacity for discernment. But the way of divine compassion --though not an easy path, though often counterintuitive --is the next step in humanity's evolutionary journey. It's the only step that will enable us to survive the storm of hatred raging around the world."

~~from Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson

2 comments:

sarah elwell said...

What a treat - I was about to give up on the internet for the night when what should pop up on my Reader but posts from two of my favourite journallers? :-) So I am sending you both the same comment to say hi.

Kerri said...

Katie, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. But can I just say that reading your words + inspirations here elicits the same response from me. So interesting that the quotes you have in this post are all the things I have been thinking about lately. Perfection!