Friday, September 09, 2011

end of summer garden


artichokes - Eme's favorite ...okay, my favorite, too.


broom corn - to make brooms out of - are actually...err...brooming


 red flax - a plant that is amazing to me in many ways



 sunflower heads drying - so beautiful...we harvested our first four ears of corn today...it was the sweetest corn we've ever had


love these sunflower heads


 sunflowers from Trader Joe's and my owls peeking out...fall is upon us




i love my scrubbed wooden table with sunflowers and primitive owls




favorite thing I've grown this year in my garden...Sweet Annie...nicest smelling herb I've EVER smelled...a chunk of it is hanging on my front door today to dry...





I took a photo of the sweet annie, and would you look at that arrow? there was a preying mantis hiding right in front of me. What a year for those! We've seen more in one summer than I've seen all together in my entire life...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
nothing profound, just sharing today

3 comments:

sarah elwell said...

lovely photos, a luscious garden :-)

Christine Crocker said...

it is indeed a luscious garden and a soft, gentle and delicious life...
your garden is beautiful and those are the most perfect artichokes I have ever seen.

Garden of Rambles said...

Ah, the summer coming to a close - and love the mantis. Have to buy more to decorate my gardens with - didn't have an returnees this year.