Sunday, April 08, 2012

Ostara

Celebrating the rebirth of the soil and the abundance of the Earth today by watching our children eat sugar...I know that sounds sarcastic, but I celebrate watching my children in their ultimate bliss.
My daughter got to wear a flippy little dress with flowers in her braid - she said, "Mommy, when you put those flowers in my hair, I just feel like it is the best day."
My son followed really hard clues to find each egg in a very creative Easter Egg Hunt.
They colored eggs, and iced sugar cookie ornaments. They cuddled under quilts with chicks in their cupped hands and watched funny cartoons. They were free to pick candies from their Easter baskets all day long.
*****
I celebrated by watching their happiness. I watched them sharing with their little cousin, cuddling her in their laps. Listening to my daughter sing a very long song about how much she loves Easter, but not as much as Christmas. My son's laughter rose up through the trees.  I scooped up some of my own chicks for loves and pet doggies out in the Spring air. I ate ham and potatoes, strawberries and pineapple. It is the simple things that I celebrate, including the abundance that my children exude when all is right in their worlds.

3 comments:

Kamana said...

my children and i had bread and butter with sugar sprinkled on top for breakfast this morning. oh the joy of simple things!

sarah said...

So wonderful. It warms my heart :-)

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Great to see your happienes. And your girl do nice work as glazing the cookies. Yea it's the simple things in life that makes one smile.

And having strawberries uh...send some over please. They are my favorite.
Hugs Dagmar