Tuesday, April 17, 2012

reaching

newness:
      lilac buds are everywhere
      willow leaves are bright shocking green again this year
      baby pigs
      Meeka
            she is a cuddler
             she loves to play fetch
            she kisses with the flat of her nose
             she follows all four of us everywhere
             she buries bones and digs them back up
             she doesn't give a snit about cats, unless they look at her bones
            she is SO easy to love
      my son being responsible/me being hands-off
      play dates
      learning to say less
      learning when to say more
      learning to tell people the hard things with kindness and professionalism
      giving up guilt
      garden plans
      sandals
      bright pink fingernails
      being myself completely at work
      knowing I'm capable of all the things they ask of me
               being in awe of that realization
                       being scared of that realization
      not panicking about my job in light of the financial woes our state is having
      letting go of a perfection I never had anyway
      2nd Season of Game of Thrones
      made a list of old graveyards I can visit
      feeling the weight of negative people even though I do not choose to see them...though it isn't new, it is something that has come back around to me again...

     
      

2 comments:

sarah said...

I just want to say (((hugs))), I love it when you write here - I love knowing you are in the world :-)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm just stopping by to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Hope all is well in your corner of the world--Take care!! :-)